Web Page Design Example 5
- The spacing and layout make this version easier and more interesting to read than the original.
- The images are co-ordinated and compliment the overall look of the page.
- There are a couple of useful hyperlinks in the text.
- The text is easy to read and the addition of some colour adds interest and attracts attention.
- Splitting the second paragraph up in to a bulleted list makes it easier to read.
- The box with the coloured background helps to highlight the information.
(The hyperlinks are for demonstration purposes only and are not functional.)
What is e-mail?
E-mail, or electronic mail, is post that - instead of being sent physically - is transferred
electronically to and from your computer. When you open your
e-mail program, any
new mail for you is automatically downloaded to an electronic mailbox on your computer.
What are the benefits of e-mail over normal "snail" mail?
- You can use e-mail to keep in touch with family and friends,
- It's faster more informal than by writing letters,
- Less expensive than long phone calls,
- Avoids difficulties of international time differences,
- It can take as little as a few minutes for your e-mail message to arrive.
What is an e-mail address?
When you registered with your Internet service provider, you chose a unique e-mail address and a password. Your e-mail address is of the form: